Friday, September 12, 2008

Our home

Our little old house is in need of repairs, but we can't seem to get our brains around how to pay for them or for us to do them ourselves. Last night my dear sweet hubby and I spent three hours trying to put a new lock and deadbolt on the door. Hubby broke a key off in the lock and the lock would only lock from the outside, so I decided it was best to buy an new lock instead of digging a key out of a broken lock. After a phone call to my Dad, losing the half the lock outside and digging around in the dark to find it, we finally got it on and working. Today in the daylight we will put the strike plate on and hopefully that will be the end of this project. One of these days I'll have to sit and make a list of all the things we need to do for our little house. We are so blessed to own a home, but life gets overwhelming for both of us sometimes and we just don't know where to start.

No comments: