Friday, September 5, 2008

Egg Day

Today is a no soy, but eggs okay day. I have to admit, this is probably my favorite day on the rotation. I think the kids like it best too. We are down to 6 eggs, so I'll have to ration until we can get to the grocery store when hubby gets home. Tomorrow is a birthday party for a park day friend and I need to make coconut flour cupcakes and egg white icing for Saturday and for park day on Monday. The kids and I have been having a birthday party for Our Lady for the past several years. We also make a cake for Jesus' birthday on Christmas Day.

My Mayonnaise
1 egg
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
1 t. salt
dash of dried mustard (optional)
1/2-3/4 cup Canola oil

Add the egg, vinegar, sugar, salt and spices in a blender. Turn it on a low speed and drizzle the oil in until it is smooth and creamy.

No-Tuna Salad
1 can drained chickpeas
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 boiled eggs
1 rib celery
dash of onion powder
dash of dried dill
2 T. pickled turnips (home made with dill)
1 T. (optional) 365 Mustard (corn-free but has paprika which Number One Son reacts to but Number One Daughter loves it)

No comments: