Thursday, September 25, 2008

Intercession of St. Philomena

Today instead of studying out of our Seton Religion Text, we read out of our Catholic Saint Flash Cards from CHC. I was looking for Padre Pio, but I didn't find it so I chose St. Philomena. I've spoken to the kids about her and have asked for her intercession for Number Two Niece for her emotional and learning disabilities and trichotillomania. I just recently read a little book about her and we plan on making a pilgrimage to a statue of her in thanksgiving and for her continued intercession. Well, anyway, there is a little prayer for you to ask for her help and Number One Son and I asked her to help his hands work better. Not even an hour later, Number One Son wanted to do a puzzle from a Spiderman workbook. I sat across from him and told him how to do it and letter by letter, the child that can only write his first name, wrote out R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y. I was in tears. My initial thought was, "I can't believe it!" but then I changed my words, "With God, all things are possible!" Thank You God! Thank You Mary! Thank You dear St. Philomena!

No comments: