Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Facebook Flashback

Why can't the excitement of seeing friends at a reunion last? I've been out of high school 24 years and college since 1992. I am my worst enemy when it comes to maintaining friendships. I allowed ex boyfriends to control me and lose contact with many of my friends. I went to college far away from home and lost contact with my high school friends and then when I left college, I moved away and lost contact with them. Little Sister encouraged me to sign up on Facebook. I was not prepared for the onslaught of folks coming back into my life. It has made me retrospective and apprehensive. After my 20 year high school reunion, we talked about getting together, but that petered out quickly. Are we just a bunch of old farts trying to recapture some of the energy and resilience of our 20 something old selves? New/Old friends would be nice. Making friends is kinda like dating. I'm happy to be married to a wonderful man and not dealing with that stress! New/Old Friends already know my flaws and see the real me. I'm curious as to what will happen next.

No comments: