Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Wonderful World

I went to a RE Teacher meeting tonight and I was saddened by what I heard. Parents don't bring their children to Mass, even with their precious angels ask them. Our little world is full of families that go to Mass, pray together and some are daily Communicants! We always went to Church, my mother insisted. She did stop fighting with us at one point and left us at home. If we got up and got ready, we could go with her. Reverse psychology? I'll admit when the kids are having a bad day, I go without them, but they certainly go more than they don't and we try to go to one Daily Mass a week. Summer has not been good for our daily Mass attendance, but I'm determined to change that. I guess instead of guilting parents into taking their children to Mass, we will pray for them and make a point of offering sacrifices for Catholics who don't go to Mass or take their children.

No comments: