Thursday, June 25, 2009

Poor Houdini

Our fine feathered friend was losing his feathers from the stress of the heat, so I made an executive decision to bring him inside. We clipped his wing last night, so if the kids decide to release him, he will be easier to catch. With the exception of a few spine tingling "cock a doodle do's" he has been very quiet. Fortunately, we only have one chicken, if we had a whole flock, I don't know what we'd do. It is just too hot outside, has been for days. I hope that spending some time in Little Dog's old crate won't stress him out more than the heat. Problem is: He is in our one working bathroom and Momma and the babies need a bath, we spent part of the day in a pool. I don't think it will be very relaxing to have a bath with Rooster eyes peering at me!

No comments: