Friday, February 6, 2009

sick, sick, sick, sick, sick

It has been a challenging few days. Tuesday night, after a big dinner, Number One daughter told me her tummy hurt. I consoled her and gave her some calcium and apologized for giving her a new food. We had been to the Chinese market with our field trip co-op and I found some mung bean noodles with tapioca starch instead of corn, I thought we'd give them a try. Well when the lights were out, she proceeded to regurgitate all the food that she had eaten that day, including the shiny cellophane noodles. I figured she was allergic. That was until Number Two Son shot up in the middle of the night and proceeded to puke all over both of us. Needless to say, we were up and down all night with buckets, towels and several changes of clothes. It seems that many of the kids in our Monday park day group have been getting sick right along with us. Many of them crawled around in the backseat of a police cruiser at the park. What were we thinking?!?!?!Whatever it is it is quick to infect and harsh. Day one got the two little ones, day two, Momma and Number One Son, day three, Daddy. Poor hubby seems to have gotten the worst of it. It is not just the throwing up, this mean little bug sucks all the life out of you. Number One Daughter slept most of two days. Number Two Son hasn't slept or eaten well (Thank God I'm still nursing him!), but he is on the mend, he was in to all kinds of mischief today. Number One Son was supposed to march in his first parade tomorrow, he just threw up again, so I guess he'll have to wait until next year. I know he is feeling poorly, because when I told him he wasn't going, he didn't fuss. He seemed resolved to it. I know that he will be feeling better tomorrow, but there is a 24 hour rule and we won't make it. If I can spare anyone this terrible, nasty experience, I will.

No comments: