Monday, February 16, 2009

Coyote Dinner

The only reason we called this Coyote Dinner is because I served it on a platter that Hubby got at the Coyote Cafe in Santa Fe, NM.

3 sweet potoates peeled and cubed
1 can red beans
6 eggs
canola oil
grated cheese (optional)
carrot catchup


Steam the sweet potatoes in the microwave with a small amount of water, covered for 8 minutes. I use a nifty black steamer from Pampered Chef. Drain. Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the frying pan. Saute the potatoes until some of them begin to caramelize, remove from pan to platter. Scramble the eggs in the same pan, put them on the platter with the potatoes. Heat up the beans, drain and add them to the platter. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with carrot catchup. Hubby ate with us and he used regular catchup. I would have liked to saute onions with the potatoes, but the kids are really not liking onions much. I guess I've overdone it with onions since I can buy a 2 pound bag for 49 cents. Our local grocery store gave onions away this summer when you bought certain items.

No comments: