Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy 2 Number Two Son!

Our house, and especially our kitchen, is rarely clean. Two years ago, it was my mother-in-law's birthday and they were on their way to our house to celebrate. Hubby was cleaning and decorating, I was could not be much help. The kids and I went next door and walked the Stations of the Cross, came home and had a birthday party for Grandma. I had an appointment for an amniotomy the next day. Number One Daughter had come so quickly, that our doctor was afraid I might not make it to the hospital for Number Two Son. I went into labor that night, so Hubby and I headed to the hospital a several hours before our check-in time. Number Two Son was born the next morning, leave it up to my boys to keep me up all night! I was so tired, I guess I still am. Last year and last night, the day before his birthday, we have gone and walked the stations of the cross. I hope that we can keep doing it, it is a nice tradition. Today, Number Two Son happily put on the "birthday shirt" and took pictures. Hubby and I got matching shirt/dress on our Jamaican honeymoon and we take the kids pictures wearing them each year on their birthday. One of these days, I'll get organized and put them together in a scrapbook. Today we will have coconut cupcakes with chocolate covered blueberries and on Tuesday we will have ice cream with our Field Trip Friends. As the years go by, I am finding it harder to plan birthday celebrations. We have so much stuff, I want to teach my kids not to be greedy, we never have extra money and, did I mention, I am tired? Our Little One is happy with his birthday toys and loves coconut cake and blueberries. What more can a two year old ask for? Every time anyone sings, "Happy Birthday" he smiles and sings along, so we do it on a regular basis.

No comments: