Thursday, March 5, 2009

Children's Holy Hour

Last year I read a post somewhere about a homeschool group that offers Children's Adoration, I also saw information about Children of the Eucharist. When Hubby's summer school money came in, I purchased the materials. We are in a difficult situation. I work every Friday night and the two church's that offer Adoration for Children are on Friday. After chatting with park day friends,praying about it and e-mails exchanged, I met with the pastor of the Church Down the Street. He was so kind and understanding and offered to host a Holy Hour for us. He was very matter-of-fact about my (our) challenges with having more than one child and wanting to expose them to learning, but needing to take care of the smaller ones. Moms are also in the same situation that I am. We don't carve out time to be alone with Jesus. I would like to visit Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament more often than I do. We live next door to a 24 hour adoration chapel. With our work schedules, homeschooling and all the time I spend in the kitchen, it is hard to get time for myself without feeling guilty for leaving the kids with Hubby who has worked a long day with middle school students. We had our second Holy Hour yesterday. I am so glad that we are doing this. I am feeling differently than I thought I might. I am suffering more than feeling Peace, but I will gladly accept the stress so that the children will know that, no matter what, Jesus is there for them and they can ALWAYS talk to Jesus. The experience is not a well oiled machine, and I don't know that it ever will be. Number One Daughter and Number Two Son were running around and playing with the organ (thankfully not plugged in). I really wanted to just be there and not be in charge or responsible for anything, but Jesus had another plan. After our first Holy Hour, we found out that Fr. Joe will be leaving in June to go to Chile. We don't know what will happen when the new Pastor comes, but if we are organized and helpful, hopefully this special opportunity will continue.

No comments: