Friday, November 19, 2010

St. Vitus Novena for Our Young Friend

We've just finished this Novena for a 7 year old friend with epilepsy.
Number One Son, this young man and his older brother prove that three
CAN be company. The past few months have been hard, more seizures
meant more medication which meant more side effects. Children can
verbalize that someone acts or behaves differently, but no matter what
we say, they are taking this change in behavior personally. In their
minds the only reason their friend isn't playing with them anymore is
because he doesn't want to. Number One Son is sad and so is this young man's brother. They are 18 months apart and best friends.

January brings hope and fear. Hope that planned surgery stops the
seizures and fear that this fiery little guy will have permanent
physical effects. Since I've worked with special needs children my
entire career, I know bad outcomes, I never see the good ones.

The Nonvena to St. Vitus helped give me peace of mind, I think I'll
keep saying it.

St. Vitus, glorious martyr of Christ; when you were young, you were
exposed to violent and dangerous temptations, but in the fear of God
and for the love of Jesus you victoriously overcame them.

St. Vitus, by the love of Jesus, assist me with your powerful
intercession to heal Your child of his epilipsey. Please give him
clear thinking, restored energy, full strength, restful sleep, calm
emotions, mindful communication and the grace of peace for his body.

O Jesus, Who hast said,
ask and you shall receive,
seek and you shall find,
knock and it shall be opened to you,
through the intercession of Mary,
Thy Most Holy Mother,
I knock, I seek,
I ask that my prayer be answered.

My Lord and my God! I offer up to You these prayers in union with the
bitter passion and death of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, together with
Mary, ever virgin, and of all the angels and saints, particularly with
prayers of St. Vitus, in whose honor I make this novena.

Look down upon me, merciful Lord! Grant this precious child of yours
peace, hope, grace and love and graciously hear my prayer. Amen