Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Quarantine 2020

We need your prayers. Number One Daughter (15) and I have been running a fever since Saturday. On Monday, I called the CommUnityCare hotline, was able to immediately talk to someone and get referred for COVID19 testing (due to symptoms and my zip code.) I'll know the results in 3-5 days. (If I'm positive, they assume she is also.)
Self-quarantining in a 1100sq/ft house with 6 people hasn't been easy. There is a learning curve which has been especially hard for Rainbow Baby (7.)
Number One Daughter and I are usually the healthy ones, we need prayers of protection for Rainbow Baby, Number One Son and especially Hubby, he has an IgG immune deficiency and diabetes.
Waiting for results and self assessing my symptoms day to day is very difficult. I actually feel ok, I have lots of experience dealing with a cough. The past few days have been filled with guilt, sorrow and extreme worry. I think fatigue has me going to the "what if" place. I am a devotee to the message of the Divine Mercy and the irony of getting sick this week is not lost on me: 774 + O my Jesus, I understand well that , just as illness is measured with a thermometer, and a high fever tells us the seriousness of the illness, so also, in the spiritual life, suffering is the thermometer which measures the love of God in a soul. I can't go to confession and our parish priests don't have PPE, so I can't get annointed. No Mass, no Eucharist, no confession, no annointing.
I am a healthcare provider very familiar with universal precautions. I have been wearing a mask and sanitizing myself, grocery cart and groceries. We live in 78704, one of the Hot Zones. For the past two weeks I went into a single office which I sanitized before and after I used it. All of these things and I still got sick. It might just be a cold, I'm praying for the grace of a cold!
We need healing prayers and prayers of protection for the people in my little house who are not sick.
Jesus, I Trust You!

No comments: