Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Note to Self:

I will never begin a crochet project without balling the yarn. Tonight Number One Daughter was "holding" her new hat, just started, I guess I've done about six rows and Smart puppy took off with it. I was handed a ball of string. As I was winding it up, I had four balls going at once all from one skein, that I did not cut. One hour later, It is all nicely wrapped up, but I'm still unsure why there was a break in the skein. It takes me about three hours to finish a hat and I think I might have worked collectively 30 minutes on her hat. I am, by no means an expert. I can't read patterns, I lose count, my hands ache, and I put projects down for months before I finish them. I remember learning to crochet when I was in Girl Scouts. It was something I loved to do. I would make lots of small tings out of purple variegated yarn. I think it might take me so long to finish things because when I am crocheting across, I lose count and have to count and recount rows. maybe someday I will learn to read patterns and I might even learn a few more stitches. As for now, this very busy, tired Momma will continue to make hats and scarves. I'll hold off on sending someone away to college with a thirty skein afghan for...hmmm.........EVER.

No comments: